Job Profile: Staff Engineer
|Job Title||Staff Engineer
Alt: Senior Staff Engineer or Principal Engineer
|Current Job Holder||New Hire|
|Immediate, Temporary Successor||Senior Draftsman or Jr. Engineer|
We are looking for a self-motivated and high performing Sr./Staff level Mechanical Engineer to support Eden’s unique product line of FRP filtration vessels and filter products as well as up-level our organization with engineering best practices and processes in conjunction with obtaining ISO 9001 certification and making considerable investments in new product development.
Successful candidates must exhibit excellent mechanical and fabrication knowledge as well as excellent computer, communication, and organizational skills. We are looking for Staff level engineers with 4-6 years’ experience designing molded products in Solidworks. Must understand principles used in product design, machining, multiple methods of manufacturing, mold design, prototyping and testing/validation.
All Eden employees work in a team environment, must comply with Eden HSE standards, and are encouraged to actively suggest ideas for product quality and manufacturing process improvement.
Eden employees are empowered to work independently and make critical decisions. This job will provide personal growth and require creative thinking every day. Based at our Austin, Texas headquarters and manufacturing plant, you will be responsible for leading new product development and administrating engineering best practices throughout the organization.
Eden Equipment has been in business since 1978, but we are only just getting started. Combining a best-in-class legacy product with fresh acquisitions and new technology investments, as well as a recent relocation to Austin, TX has positioned our business for rapid and sustainable growth.
We invite motivated professionals to share our vision of new growth and product innovation to apply on-line.
What we offer
- Casual Friday every day
- Competitive base salary
- MBO/KPI based performance bonuses
- Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO
- Co-located manufacturing/fabrication plant for hands-on qualification testing and prototyping
Job Summary & Key Accountabilities
Mechanical Engineer (EIT or PE) with 4-6yr mechanical design experience to serve as Eden’s Engineering department head and lead staff Engineer.
The Sr/Staff Mechanical Engineer is responsible for Eden’s product designs (air filters, liquid filters, and filtration vessels) that are highly functional, cost efficient, with a constant effort being put into designs that reflect an “ease” of manufacturing. This position is also responsible for designing and implementing Engineering best practices throughout the organization in support of ISO 9001 compliance including revision control, drawing release, ECN, and NPR processes. As the primary technical resource, support production management with changes and suggestions in support of building a cost effective, innovative, and state of the art manufacturing process.
The lead staff engineer will work closely with management on specific designs, attributes and requirements of projects assigned. Successful candidates must know and implement proper procedures for accurate and intelligent product testing and validation. Some specific projects will require technical oversight of multiple subcontractors/suppliers. Prepare and present formal test reports which evaluates potential new technologies/vendors in conjunction with leading R&D efforts.
Responsible for developing and implement Engineering Best Practices under the guidance of Senior Management. Collaborates with other Eden business groups in support of product improvement initiatives, marketing campaigns, and customer support. This senior position will be agent of change to up level Eden’s engineering practices and workflows. Responsible for developing and implementing engineering process documentation, work instructions, BoMs, and SOPs. Must be well organized and demonstrate ability to simultaneously handle multiple duties, prioritize, follow through on all tasks and projects, and meet pre-determined deadlines and goals.
BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, or Equivalent
- Sector specific experience in Utility Scale Water Filtration and/or Chemical Process Equipment strongly desired.
- Experience with filtration systems and industrial process operators a plus• Other sector experience considered: Water Recycling, Pulp & Paper Manufacturing, Liquid Loading Systems, Food Processing Equipment, Brine Treatment Systems, Water Storage.
- Working within an ISO 9001 certified engineering practice.
- Experience with ASME Section X design codes considered a plus.
- PDM and revision control management.
- ECN and NPR processes management.
- NetSuite CRM & ERP proficiency a plus.
- MS Office Suite proficiency (Excel, PPT, Outlook, Word, etc.)
- Must have solid understanding of fluid dynamics theory and fundamentals.
- Must have working knowledge of data acquisition equipment, instrumentation, and software.
- Attention to detail and analytical approach to decision making.
- Capable of doing tasks in a precise and timely manner.
- Analytical Skills for the design and development of components.
- Interface Management.
- Formulate and Conduct Vendor Qualification and Acceptance Tests.
- Verification and Validation Planning.
- Specification Development and Review.
- Provide Schedule & Budget Input.
- Reports to Eden’s Executive Director/President
- Works closely with other senior staff including Production Management and Quality
- Leads both direct and indirect support staff including Designer/Drafters and Technicians.
- Supplier oversight as technical authority & single point of contact for new component qualification
- Customer support as technical interface point
- Works closely with Marketing on collateral development, case studies, and ad campaigns based on differentiating technology.
What can we build for you?
Whether it's filtering millions of gallons in a critical industrial application or keeping pools & spas crystal clear, our customers trust Eden to keep their businesses flowing. Reach out and let us know how we can help you fully realize your next project.Contact us for more info